Thursday, March 24, 2011

catching up

 Saturday was my 35th birthday so we spent the day at a state park, Fall Creek Falls.  I love hiking and being outside so it only made sense to go... it was a beautiful 70 degrees.   I also enjoyed dinner out Friday night with Rusty and another couple we are friends with.  Another friend came over with her 4 children on Monday and we had birthday cake (ice cream cake, my absolute favorite)!  It was a good birthday:)
 
A couple of weeks ago the kids made these tress out of 16 gauge wire.  They also sketched trees but I didn't take a picture of those.  It has been a fun art class with lots of different experiences!

Last night we made homemade sushi rolls for the first time.  LOVED THEM!  And we will do it again!

 I like to keep the kids art work on the walls and here are a few paintings they recently did, carter has not painted his canvas yet!  I wanted something bright and cheerful for spring/summer!  Aubrey and Andrew did a great job!

Tonight we counted and rolled our loose change that we have been collecting in our adoption jar... we had a little cash too!  Sparing you the long details I will give you the short version of how we got the cash... the kids did a carnival (not out of the ordinary) and had prizes at the end according to how many points you earned.  I earned the most points (ON PURPOSE).  The grand prize was the kids wallets emptied into an envelope... speechless.  Two of them gave all and the other gave the most (this one had been saving a long time for something particular).  They are so on board with this adoption!  Anyway, we now have another $255 to deposit into our adoption account tomorrow!  A little saving here and there goes a long way!

I got a treat today... Rusty took the 3 kids on a field trip to tour the Nissan plant, to lunch (Toots- kids eat free!) and then to work with him for the rest of the day.  I did a little birthday shopping for Aubrey, read and then cleaned the downstairs of our house!  Silence is something that I don't naturally enjoy.  While at home I worked in silence, it was nice in a weird kind of way.  Trying to be quieter and stiller than I have been in the past.  I am so thankful for Rusty.  And last but NOT least he has been making kites with the kids tonight.  Check them out...
 
 

I think that about does it for tonight.  For all of you prayer warriors out there please lift up my grandmother (maternal, in PA), she is dying.  She is ok with that because she knows she is leaving this pain-filled life behind and meeting her Maker.  I will dedicate an entire post to her in the near future, she is such a special woman!  And we will travel when the time comes.

1 comment:

Brandi Hasley said...

I can't believe 35! What? I was thinking you were younger than Greg, not the same age. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know it has been a long, hard road, and it is good to hear she is at peace. How is your mom?