Tuesday, March 19, 2013

gardening

We have begun our first garden here at our new place.



Strawberries,
cabbage,
brussle sprouts,
broccoli,
cauliflower,
onions,
garlic,
kale,
spinach,
peas,
lettuce,
and
asparagus

are all in the ground.



Other herbs and vegetable seeds have been started inside.

If this garden produces we will have some serious vegetables, that's what we are praying.  We are up against the fact that this land has been overgrown with vines and trees for 8+ years.  We also have deer, rabbits and lots of other wildlife around.  



I bought some green onions about weeks ago and planted the roots after I used all the green and I have been cutting off of these ever since.  Found this idea on Pinterest and love it.  I have done this with lettuce in our garden in the past.


Also trying celery...


Pictures from the barn...







 Our sunshine...




HAPPY SPRING!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

If you guys end up selling veges, let me know! I'd definitely be interested!

Mandy :)

Rutledge 7 said...

Yes, we do hope to sell some. We are not really announcing that because we feel it will take 2-3 years to get the soil established... we are going herbicide and pesticide free and nothing has been grown in this ground for over 8 years. I will let you know if it produces well and you guys can come get some stuff. btw- stop by any time you are out this way!