Monday, January 18, 2010

wow

I got a call from our friend on Thursday afternoon and he quickly filled my ears full with...
  • the 29th at 2:30 you are meeting with a lady at Jim 'N Nick
  • the 29th at 3:30 you have an interview with 2 local papers
  • Feb 8th we are having a fundraiser at J 'n N with a silent auction
  • what do you think?
(We have been discussing this for over a month now and suddenly it is in 3 weeks! A different restaurant than we originally thought and the time to prepare is now!) He gives me the details and that night Rusty and I write an email and a letter and away we go. Our initial response was amazing. Love has already been poured out like crazy on our behalf. We can't wait to see what comes in with the cold calls that are being made. I think people are catching a passion for helping or caring for orphans. The excitement and energy is indescribable.

I can't wait to look back when these kids are home and see the hands of God everywhere. We see it now but know we are probably missing things here and there! I am keeping a journal of progress made each day... some days are empty and more empty days are to come. I do know that those days may be empty on paper but not completely empty. We have friends and family praying... praying daily for the care of our kids, their health, our time when we do meet them, for our biological children and all that it entails, for our strength and patience and for our future as a family of 7. It is great to be in a body of believers who cover you with support in the good times as well as the bad!

I feel thankful, blessed, overwhelmed and undeserving...

No comments: