Monday, March 29, 2010

we got a request

A request for evidence that is! Here is what part of the document looks like...
On our I600-A (orphan petition) we neglected to fully fill out the answer to number 7. Take a look below...
We should have checked the box -I have been previously married_____time(s)- and written a zero in the blank. Well we simply missed it and now we have to resubmit the form we got in the mail today (not the whole form). Waiting is hard. Waiting is harder than I expected I guess.

In this process you can't loose sight of who is in control. These are God's children we are so desperately wanting to bring home. He knows each move they make and how much food and love they get or don't get each day. He knows how they have suffered and I know they are His. There has been recent talk of Rwanda ratifying the Hague Convention, there are many more people are adopting from Rwanda (yeah) and people are spending much more time in Rwanda and Kenya (for Visas) than they planned. Rusty and I each (separately) were playing out scenarios in our minds of what if... we don't get them... if it costs more money... if we get stuck in country and so on. Last week for us it all came back to our sovereign Heavenly Father who is watching over us and who loves us and loves these kids we want to bring home. I can't even begin to tell you how the Lord has intervened and provided and made a way where it seemed impossible in this adoption journey that we started in November. (I do have it in a journal). I look back and know that He hasn't left us. Our faith is so small at times and for that we had to repent. I began to feel like the Israelites in the desert. I DO NOT want to wonder for 40 years, thank you! God is good and has been good to us and will be good to us. I want more faith and need more faith. I want to always remember what God has done and that His Word promises that HE will NEVER leave me or forsake me. I want to praise his name and praise him in the storms of life! The Lord has made Himself known to us in a very real way in this process-- even in more amazing ways than ever before. Lord, let me (help me) cling to your provision and goodness.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The red tape & inefficiency can be so frustrating, but you are right - God is in control. Everything you said is a summary of all my feelings over the past month. I had a lot of trouble with this when we couldn't seem to get my police report. It often doesn't make sense to us how the timing and process works, and it is too easy to get caught up in the details when they are not working out the way we hoped. And then remembering that this is His plan and will happen in His perfect way and His timing - it is a breath of fresh air and such a relief to an anxious spirit! Hang in there... :-)

Jenn said...

Oh geez I think I forgot to check that box too! Guess I'm waiting for our request for evidence, rather than our I-171H now :( Thanks for the heads up! Keep your heads up! God is in control!

Jeff and Sheila said...

Ughh...I know I did not check that box. Why would you if you are married? It looked to me like you only filled that part out if you are single! Guess I will be getting the request for evidence as well. We go for our fingerprints next week. Wonder if I should ask them about it there?

Lori said...

It's so nice to hear you affirm what God has been speaking to us this past week. I was telling Tina that literally minutes after I had dropped our application in the mail to Mugisha Ministries I read on someone's blog about Rwanda potentially ratifying the Hague Convention and my heart just sank as our independent prospects seemed in jeopardy. But my husband and I both felt that if this is something that God has planned for our family (which we believe it is) He will provide. Thanks for your encouragement. I am so thankful for our online community of bloggers. :)

Anonymous said...

we did the same thing on our I600A! that is a tricky little question!

anna

Anonymous said...

we did the same thing on our I600A! that is a tricky little question!

anna