Friday, March 4, 2011

a sweet taste of spring

Signs of spring seem to be everywhere.  Daffodils galore and blooming yellow bells are at every turn.  We have enjoyed temps all the way into the 70's this week.  I have mowed the yard and onions of course, love that smell!  Andrew got his trusty wheel barrow our and helped me clip dead money grass and other bushes and then hauled it off to the garden.  This wild and crazy boy loves the outdoors and loves to work... not school work so much but he loves to use his hands.  This week he told me he loved the sun and being outside because it was so nice ("the grass is getting soft again") but was also quick to tell me... "I DO NOT love it when my mom calls my dad and tells him that I am not doing my school work well, that is a really bad day for me."  He is a hoot!
love him so much:)

Spring is a sign of new growth, new life.  The old dried up leaves and branches continue to wither away while new fresh green growth emerges from way beneath the ground... I love it!  When all seems dead, new life appears.  I captured a few signs of it around our yard... yep, took a break from working.

an azalea budding...

lilies growing...


by pushing aside a little mulch and dirt i discovered hostas...

a cabbage returning from last year...

chives back from previous seasons...

lemon balm that has made a come back after breaking off the hollow stalks...

garlic!  i planted this last year and it died, now it back and i hope to stay...

I realized you don't have to look very far to find beauty, just look for it.  When the yard as a whole looks brown and dead there is life, just look for it.  I think we are too busy to see it sometimes but it is still there even if we don't notice it.  I am glad that the Lord sees our beauty, that he LOVES what he created.  You can see God everywhere if you take the time to look, try it, I think you'll like it:)  You'll find him in nature, in art, in people, in places... really, he is everywhere!  I love it!

Praying that this is the season that our family grows, literally in number!  We are ready!

No comments: