Tuesday, September 17, 2013

why not to free range your chickens

People that love chickens don't ever share and must easily overlook the bad that comes with the good.

These gals are cute when they are in the yard or wandering in the woods but...  



 last week I was given some fall decorations from my mom and this is what has happened to them...








Every mum and pumpkin is destroyed.

This summer they also ate my hostas and rose bush and more.


This is what we discovered on Saturday when trimming back some overgrowth... I had a feeling this was happening and now it was discovered.


At the end of the day we are still choosing to free range our chickens.  We feel it is better for them and for the nutritional value of the eggs.

BUT if you ask me how we like free ranging I will be completely honest with you.
A true chicken enthusiastic will not:)

No comments: